AgGateway is a group of organizations that aims to promote, enable and expand the agriculture industry. Realizing the role of e-business to modern agricultural production, it enables e-business as a means to improve business processes, deliver excellent customer service, streamline the supply chain, enhance food safety and support viable agricultural practices. It brings people together in a collaborative process across agricultural sectors.
8 Major Industry Segments Working with AgGateway
- Ag Retail Council consists of companies that deliver agricultural inputs to growers. It is focused on connecting the retail link with the agriculture supply chain and acts as the voice of retailers in activities and e-business related to the Ag industry.
- Allied Providers are comprised of companies than conceive, design, build, deploy and promote electronic information management systems. They enable electronic connectivity between all consenting channel members.
- Crop Nutrition Council created an ROI calculator to demonstrate the potential saving of companies when they connect electronically.
- Crop Protection Council focuses on promotion of e-business within the segment. It sponsors projects, builds relationships, collaborates with other Ag segments and represents crop protection requirements to drive business value within the industry.
- Feed Council aims to reduce supply chain costs and increase profitability by promoting food chain safety and confidence. Feed standards enhance food safety and increase the confidence in the safety of food.
- Grain Council follows through and integrates standard-based messaging into business processes to bring e-business efficiencies.
- Precision Agriculture allows partners to develop and innovate around the concepts of precision agriculture and support systems.
- Seed expands business participation and increase business value. Thanks to the council, eConnectivity is complete among retailers, distributors and manufacturers for invoicing, reporting and shipping.
Due to AgGateway’s success in driving implementation projects, Ag-XML ceased standards-development activities within the consortium and conceded it to AgGateway’s Grain Council. This means that Ag-XML standards are still to be followed but AgGateway’s communication and implementation project management of resources are responsible for the grain industry to achieve great levels of business efficiencies.
Using AgGateway with Appterra
The importance of AgGateway standards to ensure effective and efficient e-business in the Ag industry is paramount. Thus, you need to use the best platform to integrate and understand these processes. Appterra helps you expand the use of e-business in the industry. We specialize in multi-company commerce and collaborative software solutions for your business. We promote cost reduction, speed and security in your business processes with our fixed-price implementation and fixed-price monthly service fees. With our proven ability and expertise, we can certainly assist you in your private network and integration needs.