Many companies, both large and small, have certain issues they want to resolve. One of the areas they are at risk is the transfer of files within the business process. Business processes rely on efficient transfer of important business records between people and applications. In fact, the transfer happens more frequently between applications. Approximately 2/3 of the purchase orders, invoices, tax records, etc. are sent from business to business. Thus, managed file transfer has become an integral part of the proper flow of the business process.
Managed file transfer (MFT) has become a high priority for companies. It solves existing problems with the simple file transfer such as:
- Sending files without encryption
- Uncontrolled lifecycle of transferred files
- Lack of auditability
- Content not archived according to corporate policies
- Disorganized chain-of-custody for some content
- Inability of data loss prevention systems to inspect transferred files
Without managed file transfer, data breaches and business process inefficiencies are very likely. So, how can you avoid these problems in your company? Simply, implement a managed file transfer process in accordance to the requirements to maintain data integrity between your partners. To achieve this, you need a true, enterprise grade file transfer solution. You need Appterra! Appterra offers managed file transfer solutions with four key elements – security, compliance, control and integration with workflows.
- Security. Appterra uses secure protocols that encrypt the file during transit and at rest, maintaining the integrity of information as it is stored in various servers and transferred between the sender and recipient.
- Compliance. Appterra allows your company to maintain compliance with the increasing number of standards. It is designed to protect sensitive information from being interrupted by unauthorized groups.
- Control. With Appterra, you have control over your content. You can decide when it will expire, who can access it, where to send it and how to report content flows. In short, we let you control the lifecycle of your content to minimize the risk of data loss or non-compliance.
- Integration with Workflows. Appterra integrate with corporate workflows to make sure that data will be transported for corporate requirements.
With connections to major VANs and 130,000 trading partners, Appterra offers 100% end-to-end support, including communications, transformation and transaction management. Moreover, Appterra does not charge transaction fee so current VAN customers can save 50 percent or more on expenses.